Thursday 15 November 2018

#ThrowbackThursday - Thomas & Friends Christmas Journey in London (10/11/2013)

For a special #throwbackthursday as Christmas is drawing near, I have decided to bring up my perspective blog report on the Thomas Christmas Journey event that took place at London's Hamley's store five years ago.

On Sunday November 10, 2013, I left home around 10:30 AM to catch a tube from Northern Line to Leicester Square. However when I got there, it was closed for the weekend for bus replacement services. So I took the alternative route by taking a bus to Wimbledon and catch a 1130 train from there to the exact place.

By the time I have arrived at Hamley, I was about twenty minutes late after the event had started at 12:00 PM. Although it wouldn't bother me one bit, as we all knew that better late than never. First I went up to the second floor where the meet and greet of the Fat Controller (Sir Topham Hatt) took place.

(This is a picture of me with the Fat Controller and his trusty helper, Dusty)

There I gave the Fat Controller a warm, friendly handshake and introduced myself as well. And soon we had our picture taken, and shortly after that, I had met some nice people from HiT Entertainment / Mattel Creations and gave a compliment on how fabulous the event had been for everyone, especially to make the children smile.


Sometime later I went back upstairs to see the Fat Controller reading a festive storybook from My Thomas Story Library. (which was The Snowy Surprise) And I must tell you, he had done an outstanding performance as a storyteller for all the children!

(The Fat Controller's outstanding storytelling at Hamley's!)
After the storytelling was over, the Fat Controller asks the audience about who has a favourite Thomas story before he would leave to do more meet and greet routine, and I have answered a question. (which was obvious, as I enjoyed King of the Railway as the story overall)

Shortly after that, I went to look around the store before I had left to get home early. Overall this had been a really fun and fabulous event it had been, as I had said before. So all I have left to say is to give my personal thanks to the staff from HiT Entertainment / Mattel, Hamley's and the Fat Controller for making it all possible, and I would certainly hope all went well for their "Tracks  4 Thomas" journey to deliver presents to all the children in hospitals.

SmurfyDan


Thomas & Friends Christmas Journey:

No comments:

Post a Comment